Acoustics has always been one of the ways to perceive the world around us. Modern audio system allows not only to enjoy your favorite music, but also to hear it in a new way, distinguishing the smallest nuances of sound. Currently, the home audio system is represented by a wide range.
The ability to classify modern audio systems is a relative measure. Approximately several groups can be distinguished:
- portable systems (monoconstructions, including, for example, a turntable and a tuner);
- stationary systems (including pseudomodular);
- block-modular constructions (where each module can be independent and replaceable).
Purchasing quality equipment is currently not a problem. On the market of acoustic equipment are various options, the price of which varies depending on the various parameters and components. In the middle price category, negative reviews are usually due to limited functionality, for example, the inability to connect wirelessly. There may also be complaints about the build quality, although even relatively inexpensive embedded equipment is usually manufactured in good quality.
There are a number of companies specializing in audio segment products that produce virtually flawless acoustics with good sound quality, functionality, and ergonomic system elements. At the same time, the design is also aesthetically thought out.
The main performance indicators in general terms characterize the operation of any audio system.
- The sensitivity of the speakers. In fact, it is a sound pressure parameter that is formed by the system. When used at home, an acceptable level of sensitivity should be 90 dB or more.
- Frequency range. This characteristic acts as the main one; the frequency band of waves that the audio system can reproduce will depend on it. It is worth noting that good audio systems tend to more accurately match the range that is identical to the perception of the human ear. Therefore, it is recommended to buy options with indicators in the range of 18-20 000 Hz.
- Sound bands (numerical value). This is the number of satellites (speakers) that operate at different frequencies. The optimal configuration is 5.1.
- Power. This parameter is directly proportional to the volume level (the higher it is, the louder the sound). But it should be borne in mind that this limit should exceed the capabilities of the amplifier by at least 30%. The average power for home audio systems is considered to be 50 watts.
Due attention when choosing this equipment should be paid to its design and location in the interior. The appearance of the main components (amplifier, player, equalizer) is quite typical: it is usually a plastic or metal box in silver or black with a variety of functional accessories.
But as for the appearance of the speaker systems, various design options, shapes and colors can be presented here. It can be both miniature items and massive ones.
But right away you should focus not on the appearance, but on the technical components and quality of the system. It should be borne in mind that all interior items will be involved in the distribution of sound. After all, the same system in different conditions will sound completely different. This feature is primarily associated with the acoustic features of a particular room, its sound-absorbing properties.
Currently, modern technologies have evolved to such a level that they allow to produce high-quality acoustics with a variety of variations in size and design. The main thing here is to comply with all the necessary parameters, for example, the purchase of equipment corresponding to the room, the location of the acoustics and its intelligent setting. The room intended for installation of the built-in equipment should be carefully prepared, isolated from noise sources.