Decorative plaster in the hallway is often used for interior decoration. The use of this method of finishing is explained by the presence of a large number of indisputable advantages. It allows you to translate into reality any goal and is acceptable.
Decorative plaster has the ability to create an imitation of fabric and natural surfaces. With its help, you can easily recreate the texture of stone, wood, sandy beaches, original patterns and ornaments. With the help of plaster, you can easily independently realize various types of fancy finishes.
Main types of decorative plaster
Decorative plaster in the hallway can be of several types. Types of decorative finishes are divided on the basis of the types of materials used. As a rule, the mixture is prepared using crumbs or stone dust. Finished wallcoverings are classified into the following types:
- Flock coating. The wall is trimmed based on the use of small colored particles, which are distinguished by the presence of a wide color gamut. The mixture is applied to the adhesive surface. The result is an attractive, rough surface. This original coating can imitate stone chips, suede, velor. It is very effective and pleasant to the touch.
- Venetian plaster in the interior. Its creation is based on the use of marble chips. With its help, you can recreate the complex texture of marble.
- Use liquid wallpaper. This version of the finished coating makes it possible in a short time to decorate the walls of the hallway. Dilution of the dry mix is done using water. It is easily applied and removed if desired.
- Structural plaster. It helps to realize a relief surface based on the use of granules of various sizes, stones and wood fibers. As a result, the surface can be tinted under any palette.
Any of the above methods of finishing can be an excellent solution for the corridor, which makes it possible to create a reliable, durable and high-quality coverage.
The application of decorative plaster for the hallways involves the implementation of a series of specific manipulations that help ensure a quality result. Before applying the mixture should be carefully examined on the packaging instructions on its dilution. You need to make sure that this coverage is suitable for your hallway.
Then you need to prepare the tools and materials to work. Regardless of the type of plaster chosen, you will certainly need tools such as spatulas, sponges, brushes, container, emery paper, rollers, construction mixer. The rest of the tooling varies depending on the type of finish chosen.
It is necessary to pay special attention to proper selection of primer for walls. Before you put the plaster on the wall, it must be primed. This will remove all irregularities from the surface.
As a rule, for the preparation of the wall prefer acrylic primer. If you purchase a ready-made mixture, you can clarify the information on whether a suitable primer is available.
Plaster walls implies the observance of certain rules. If the plaster mixture contains large particles, then it is desirable to apply it with your own hands. Liquid formulations for plaster must not be diluted with water. Water based plasters are eco-friendly. But they, unfortunately, are very often subject to temperature changes and various damages. Marble or Venetian plaster is also applied manually. The fact is that the structure of marble is very fragile. When buying ready-made mixture carefully read the expiration date. If it expired, then even the most moisture-resistant mixture will be applied to the surface of poor quality.
The procedure for applying decorative plaster is creative and painstaking. Strict rules in working with this material does not exist. It is extremely important to correctly finish the finishing plaster. The main purposes of finishing are as follows:
- Perform wall priming. The implementation of the final surface alignment, removing scratches from the spatula and any grooves. The finishing layer of the finish provides the formation of the surface plane, which implies the final alignment and filling of all the cracks on the wall.
- Ensuring reliable protection of the surface from moisture and other factors. The finishing surface assumes the main burden of negative environmental factors. In this regard, it is important that this coating was of high quality and durable.
- The implementation of the implementation of decorative reliefs and textures. In addition to the protective function, the topcoat also plays a decorative role.
Decorative plaster, having familiarized yourself with the information beforehand, can be applied with your own hands. This work consists of the following steps:
- Removing dirt from the wall, removing dust. Next is the alignment of the wall surface based on the use of ordinary putty. The surface of the soil is aged until completely dry.
- Putting plaster on the finished surface using various technologies. Apply the prepared mixture can be different tools depending on the chosen technique. Thus, the coating of a uniform, rough structure is formed as a result of the lighter performing light, small movements in a circle. Coating with the structure of "bark beetle" suggests the presence of vertical horizontal or cross grooves. Various types of textures can be easily created with the help of sand or lime coating.
Types of textured patterns based on the use of decorative plaster
To create the desired textured pattern, you must use a variety of methods of application. Texture "wave" is applied to pre-rubbed and fresh surface. The area is wetted with water, and then the composition is applied neatly in strips. The stripes can be straight or wavy.