The owners of suburban areas who decided to build a house with a folded roof, rely on the high wear resistance of the material: it is achieved through the use of the latest technologies and proven alloys in production, as well as a wide range of surface protection compounds.
The specifics of the formation of joints
The components of the roof (the so-called pictures) are connected to each other by means of folds. Seam fastening is the seams that arise during the joining of metal roofing patterns. The seams can be single, double, standing (they are the most reliable, they can fix side and vertical roofing panels), and lying ones - they are intended for standard horizontal joining of sheets.
In accordance with this criterion, the following types of folded roof are given:
- galvanized folded roof stands out from the competition due to the special coating that gives the plates enhanced anti-corrosion properties. For mounting choose sheets, the thickness of which varies in the range of 45-70 mm, the operational life can reach 25-30 years;
- steel products with a polymer coating, has a multilayer structure, consists of a steel sheet coated with zinc, then comes the ground. The underside is treated with a protective paint, and a colored polymer is applied to the front. The latter is necessary both to provide a decorative component, and for additional insulation of the material from UV radiation;
- copper faltsevaya roof can imitate brickwork, tile, it lends itself well to soldering, which significantly speeds up the installation and serves as a guarantee of reliability and durability of products. Its service life exceeds 100 years;
- aluminum folding seam can last up to 80 years, it is not deformed, resistant to seasonal temperature changes and harsh winters;
- tapes or sheets of zinc-titanium alloy. The base is modified zinc, thanks to aluminum, copper and titanium additives, the material is endowed with plasticity, it is not afraid of corrosion. Installation should be carried out at an ambient temperature of + 5 ° C, the operational life of such a roof reaches 100 years.
Strengths and weaknesses of roofing technology
The device of a faltsevy roof can become the excellent decision as it possesses a number of powerful advantages:
- the specific system of connecting the components ensures absolute tightness of the joints
- the durability of the metal coating, in particular, the operational life of many variations reaches 100 years;
- a wide range of textures that can satisfy the needs of any architectural project;
- such a roof is not flammable;
- due to the low weight of the panels, assembly work is accelerated and facilitated;
- the possibility of a full arrangement of curly roofs with complex geometry;
- color scheme contains 50 shades;
- paintings do not rot, do not form rust and do not change color.
Sheet steel laying rules
This is the most common scheme of arrangement of the roof, here are used blanks, the operational properties of which were strengthened as a result of galvanization. Initially formed paintings - steel "semi-finished products", made in accordance with the drawings of the roof. This way eaves overhangs, directly slopes, wall gutters are worked out. Parts are manufactured using labels applied to steel sheets. Cut the canvas together with the help of the folds in the picture, the side faces bend.
Formed paintings are delivered to the roof, fixed to each other by means of a single standing seam. Here it is important to take care of additional tightness, for this you can use self-adhesive tape.
Advantages of working with rolled folding roof
This material is supplied to construction sites in the form of rolls, already in place it is cut using the appropriate equipment. In this case, horizontal seams are not formed, through which water often leaks, despite all the additional waterproofing measures. Double standing seams are used to join the paintings, the joints are sealed using silicone sealants.
If it is decided to use folding technology, the slope of the roof should not exceed 14 °. If this indicator varies in the range of 7-14 °, it is desirable to equip a solid base. Here, the recommended type of seam is a double fold, supplemented with silicone sealant.
The most convenient for installation length of sheets is no more than 10 m. If the dimensions of the blanks are larger, the installation procedure should be supplemented with floating clamps.
When zinc-titanium serves as a key material, you need to carefully monitor that workers handle the coating as carefully as possible - you cannot scratch or throw sheets, only soft pencils and markers are suitable for marking. If deep scratches occur, there is a high risk of corrosion. For all manipulations with such products, stock up with special roofing tools: hammers, shaped and straight scissors, marking devices, a set of bending tongs.
The roof under consideration is equipped either on a solid basis or on a batten of 50x50 mm bars, in this case the pitch between them is 250 mm. If the last indicator is not exactly observed, this is fraught with deflection of the sheets, which, in turn, can cause weakening and deformation of the seams of the structure. Neglect of the rules causes corrosion and leakage.