Cat's capriciousness is known to everyone - sometimes even the most beautiful house from the point of view of a person, fluffy fusions are ignored, preferring to sleep on the floor, on the bed, in a box from under the refrigerator. To avoid this and not bump into a sleeping cat in the most unexpected places, you should pay attention to the cat's hammocks.
A hammock for cats has specific advantages that make it more seductive for both humans and their pets.
Unlike people for cats, it is important that the bed perfectly matches the shape of the body. Soft bed will lead to the curvature of the spine in humans, but for the cat would be the most comfortable and convenient option. Hammock in this sense is best suited.
Hammock can easily be placed in a secluded place. If the cat for some reason does not like it, you can easily move it somewhere else. Under the chair or under the table, on the battery or under the ceiling itself - for a hammock everywhere is quite spacious.
Hammock for cats with their own hands to make very easy, do not need much experience or specific knowledge. Enough accuracy and patience.
There are many options for a hammock. For the simplest of them, only a piece of fabric and a thread with a needle are needed.
What should it be?
To not only liked the cat’s hammock, but also to be functional, you should follow simple principles:
- to measure the size of a hammock with the size of a cat - for a small kitten it should not be too large, for a big cat - too small and unreliable;
- to use a fabric that does not electrify - it’s best to have it trimmed with old dense fabric (such as denim), which is able to withstand the weight of the animal;
- take into account the tastes of a pet - for a cat who likes to sleep on the closet, a hammock should be high, and for a cat that prefers a secluded place and twilight, in warmth and comfort.
You can place a hammock:
- Under the ceiling - but you have to provide a kind of ladder so that the cat can climb into it. Such a solution is not suitable for older and very young animals.
- Under the chair - the easiest option, but to move the chair after that will not.
- A battery is the best idea from the point of view of any cat (even better than a cat house with a hammock). Warm, cozy, soft. However, overheating can cause colds and dry hair. In addition, if the animal has chronic diseases, it is worth consulting with a veterinarian first.
- On the wall is simple, good for a home where space is too small.
How to make?
In order to make the simplest hammock, you will need:
- square section of fabric - its size should be such that the cat could lie on it, stretched out;
- thread, needle;
- ribbons of thick fabric;
- carbines or velcro.
Production will take no more than half an hour.
To make a slightly more complicated option, you will need a small hoop, a thick wire ring or a basketball hoop, a round piece of fabric, tape, a carabiner, and if you like, you can sew a pad.
Combine materials is easy.
- Put a round piece of fabric on the ring, tuck the edges and hem them so that the fabric does not slip (it is not necessary to stretch it).
- Sew tape to the edges (three or four is enough for stability).
- Sew the ends of the ribbons together, sew a carabiner.
- Put a pad in the center, if desired, sew an additional fabric for comfort between the tapes.
The resulting design can be hung anywhere: you can even on the ceiling, if you spend time and drive an extra hook into it.
Making a hammock for a cat on a battery is no more difficult. Need a thick wire, fabric, thread and needle.
- Bend the wire so that its two ends are bent and cling to the battery, and the rest is rounded.
- With the help of thread and needles, sew a fabric so that you get a hammock.
- Suspend on battery.