Any housewife has a lot of seasonings, which she uses to make dishes even tastier and more fragrant. From this article you will learn how to properly store spices.
What to store?
Proper storage of spices in the kitchen is an easy process, especially if you know how long the seasonings remain fragrant.
The original solution would be the use of tubes. A large number of spices in them, of course, does not fit, but it will look interesting. It is also convenient to use them, to open the cork after all for a very short time. Small canvas bags with drawstrings also look exotic. Before use, they must be boiled in saline.
If you organize the storage of spices and spices, then you can save space in the kitchen and optimize the process of cooking.
You can allocate for storage of spices a separate locker. It may be small in size, but it is easy to make it as functional as possible. For this you need to add shelves. Standard cabinets are designed for tall items, jars do not take up much space in height, so this space can be used.
Convenient and practical option. The box can be filled with jars, on the lids of which will be labels with the name of seasonings. So you can quickly find the right spice, avoiding confusion. With such an organization, spices are always at hand, but hidden from public view.
In modern models of kitchen furniture are often narrow vertical retractable drawers. Inside the structure are metal dividers that allow you to fit the entire collection of seasonings, despite the fact that they take up almost no space.
Simple and not expensive way. In the tray with handles you can fold the set of spices and put it in any free cupboard. During cooking to get, put on the work surface and use the necessary spices. After cooking, remove.
Spice Storage Rules
You will spend much less money to buy new seasonings instead of spoiled, if you listen to the following recommendations:
- If the spices are heated or exposed to sunlight, they will quickly lose the intensity of the taste. Keep seasonings as far away from the plate as possible.
- Use shaded containers. Or keep transparent containers in the dark.
- Glass jars with tight lids - ideal for storage. Also suitable ceramic or tin. Try to avoid prolonged finding of seasonings in the bags, because after opening they have lost their tightness.
- Keep track of expiration dates. In the hammer form, the spices "live" less. Since it is more convenient to buy already crushed seasonings, buy them in a small amount in order to have time to use them before they deteriorate.
- Once a year, conduct an audit and ruthlessly throw away all that was stale. If the color or smell of seasoning during storage has changed, do not taste it! And so it is clear that the spice is spoiled.
- You can not add spice to the pot directly from the container for storing spices. So steam shoots dry seasonings into lumps and contributes to the appearance of mold. Use a dry, clean spoon.
- Some spices (paprika, chili, etc. based on red pepper) should be stored in the refrigerator. Be sure to ensure that the covers are well sealed. Otherwise, mingling with the smells of products stored nearby, the pepper will acquire an unpleasant fragrance.
Follow the rules of storage and use the recommendations for the placement of spices, then the spices will not only please you with an excellent smell and taste, but also decorate the interior of the kitchen.