Decorative figures of fairy-tale characters, geometric forms or creative compositions on various subjects are actively used in the improvement of landscape gardening areas. Garden sculptures are of interest not only in the form of an original decor, but also are popular as functional elements of the exterior.
Varieties of garden sculptures by material
For the manufacture of various statues, forms and figures for the decoration of the garden the following materials are used:
- wood, natural stone;
- metal, ceramics, polystone;
- concrete, gypsum, cement;
- green spaces.
In specialized stores it is not difficult to choose suitable sculptural compositions, and if you wish, you can order an exclusive design of the author's work.
The tree belongs to universal materials for the creation of various figures of large and small format. The product harmoniously fits into the exterior design, especially popular are wooden garden sculptures depicting characters from fairy tales. Install a cute gnome figure with a vintage lantern near the gazebo - young households will be delighted with such an amusing company.
To make garden sculptures of wood, experts use such species as oak, pine, aspen, beech. In the production technology used protective impregnation and paint products with a stable composition. Often in the collection of craftsmen found and garden sculptures of kryagi. Natural masterpieces in the hands of the master acquire a second life, impressing the surrounding original forms.
Natural stone: rigor, generosity and power
Natural stone forms the basis for creating flowerpots and bowls for dwarf bushes or perennial flower crops. Columns, pedestals, geometric shapes and figures of living creatures are made of granite, marble and other rocks. Stone sculptures look decent, they emphasize the noble severity of the exterior design.
The fashionable trend in landscape design is the use of natural stone boulders as an independent composition. No less relevant are statues of noble animals, mythical creatures, antique amphoras.
Gypsum sculptures - luxurious surroundings for the garden
A significant part of the decorative compositions are made of plaster. It is an inexpensive and very malleable material. Despite the fragility of the base, with proper care, garden sculptures made of plaster will last a long time. They are installed under branchy bushes or near arbors and terraces, used in compositions as an addition to the central element.
Different format garden sculptures of concrete are made by the method of casting. To do this, use ready-made forms or construct a formwork. For example, for the manufacture of a concrete pot will need a pair of basins of the same shape with different volume. It is worth preliminary work on the formwork if it is planned to create complex structures or concrete pedestals of the original geometry. The material collapses under the influence of sharp temperature fluctuations, but a concrete product lasts longer than gypsum or woody analogies.
Luxury sculptures of the summer garden are made from polyresin, acrylic stone with a lot of advantages:
- material is resistant to climatic influences: does not react to moisture, temperature drops;
- not afraid of mechanical damage;
- statues and figures from polyresin are made without seams, the product has high aesthetic characteristics, does not lose color;
- polymer stone has a lower weight in contrast to the natural fellow;
- polyresin garden decoration is easily mounted on the surface of various compositions, for this purpose cement glue is used.
Polymer products have a democratic value and can decorate the site with any stylistic performance.
Noble metal - classic sculptural genre
The status basis for the decor of the garden plot is a noble metal. With the help of bronze and copper figures it is easy to transform the space, to give the garden a more luxurious color. The material practically does not respond to environmental exposure. Among the shortcomings are the following:
- decorative designs of copper and bronze, busts and statues are appropriate in the exterior with exceptional styling, they are difficult to implement in the design of the usual site;
- high cost of production.
As connoisseurs of splendor and luxury in landscape design note, the image data of sculptures made of precious metals, durability and unpretentiousness in the care level their high cost.
The original way to create decorative figures from bushes and trees involves cutting plants, giving them a chosen shape. This decor can revive even the most modest garden. For topiary choose green space with dense branches and small foliage.
In the priority of evergreen boxwood - it grows quietly, has thick leaves. No less interesting is the cultivation of emerald carpet on the surface of the frame.
Decorative figures for the garden are classified into 4 main groups.
Classic and Neoclassical
Includes garden sculptures made of natural stone or noble metal. With the help of decorative compositions in this category emphasize the status of a garden or a park with a classic design concept. At the same time, the shape and size of the statues and figures can be any, attention is focused on the material.
The principles of placing the sculpture decor include the following positions:
- on a compact area set the minimum number of sculptures. A successful solution for garden owners with creative kind is a lonely entourage in the form of an art sculpture, and for practical owners a functional sculpture, for example, an idol with a built-in streetlight;
- in the improvement of the spacious area appropriate compositions of various formats. Decorate the seating area with cute statues of ancient deities or abstract forms. Near the playground, make space for a plastic mushroom glade. Next to the garden barbecue complex, install a gypsum figure of a gin with a jug on a cement pedestal;
- along the path there are several decorative accents with a lamp on the battery;
- make beds not on banal beds, it is better to use bowls of concrete or polyresin.
To veil the rough finish of stone garden sculpture, it is easy to create a frame from climbing green cultures. Or install the statue under a flowering bush so that the branches hide part of the statue. It is also interesting to see small wooden sculptures peering out of high grass for a garden with a colorful decoration.